Monday, February 9, 2009

Collection of a Weirdo's weirder days!!


8th Feb '09--"Page Cannot be displayed"--Confused+Baring teeth+Sad=Angry



February 8th---> I hear my mother calling my name repeatedly saying "Phone ring ayindurku daa, attend pannu". Let me translate this into a more widely understandable language for youTongue out-->"The phone is ringing, attend it". I know that was a direct translation, but it makes more sense when translated directly!!Wink. It seemed like she was calling me from a light year's distance Open-mouthed. A few seconds later, joins a more screeching loud voice of my brother. Both of them, making desperate attempts to wake me up. I then mumble something and wake up from my 12 hour long slumberThinking.
I then frantically search for my phone, only to realise that it was an SMS for the daily bill amount sent by my phone provider. Hail Vidya Balan, Madhavan, SRK, A.R.Rahman, Bebo and Saif Ali Khan. Airtel is gaining more publicity. Damn their ad's, thoughts for the day messages and daily bill amounts. I look at the new crystal BLUE Java clock(Clock) on my phone; 12:30pm! I call it quits to my sleepathon whilst praising myself for the wonderful treatment given to my not so tired bodyAngel. Still sleepy, I walk in a zig-zag pattern towards the sinkSleepy. I take my beautiful blue toothbrush, lace it with tasty blue toothpaste and head for the kitchen to start an argument; The kitchen's where my mother is, and she is a teddy bear to my younger brother. I was sure I'd find both of them there. The argument then starts. Topic--> "That wasn't a call ringtone(Note)!!AngelTongue out. She says she is fed up with my new ringtones and that the regular tring tring is a better oneEye-rolling!! I decide on not arguing anymore because my mouth is filled with lather--Remember, I was brushing my teeth..lolWink.
As is my regular practice, I switch On my Sweetheart(My PC)(Computer), almost immediately after brushing my Glitters(Open-mouthed). I get my coffee(Coffee cup) and with sleepy(Sleepy), pain enduring-dreamy(Crying) eyes, open G-mail. In a flash, it says "Page Cannot be displayed". I hit F5(For non-computer savvy people, let me introduce you to F5. It means REFRESH!). "Page Cannot be Displayed"Angry. I whack the screen and try refreshing again. All it says is "Page Cannot be Displayed"Confused. In a desperate attempt, I check if the cable is plugged in. It wasn't. Heaving a sigh of great relief I plug the cable, re-open the browser and, D'oh--
"Page Cannot be displayed"Baring teeth+Angry... I was starting to get restless and this made me call the BSNL call centre. These fellas are known for their rather great customer service. A lady picked up the call and asked me "What problem, how can I help you saar?" I told her "I am not able to connect to the internet. All it shows is- Page Cannot be displayed".
This lady, then took me through a long list of steps, I started getting a little frustrated because I had already done all this and I am well aware of how the internet works and I know expert level troubleshooting on it. If all this wasn't enough, she asks me "What was the error message you are getting and which place?"Crying+Sick...
I tell her "It is-
Page Cannot be displayed". She put me on hold, made me listen to some horrible music and phone ad's for more than 5 minutes, returned to tell me that the server is down and internet should be back in about an hour. Dejected and feeling rejectedOpen-mouthed, I switch my Router off and then, I remember I haven't seen "Snatch" as yet.
The movie(Filmstrip) was interesting right from the first second. Just like no good love story
(Red heart) ends without villains, vamps, misunderstandings and fights.. my happiness is kind of associated with the same logic(Broken heart). I was starting to get into a much merrier mood and, then the phone rings. Its my friend. He needs some help and that requires me to check his email.Confused
I kept him on the phone, powered ON my router and launched my web-browser. It still showed the same irritating "Page Cannot be displayed". Annoyed, I told him that my net ain't working and threw my phone on my bed.
I receive an invite for Lunch and I make a dash towards the TV-->It's the last of the 5 ODI's between India and Sri Lanka. Damn!! How did I miss it??Angry.. Stunned at Sri Lanka's massive 320, I finish my lunch. I give a surprise visit to my neighbour. 'Surprise' because I rarely* visit him. He goes into a lunatic spree on finding that I've given him a visit. I then ask him if I can check my e-mail. He agrees and I open G-mail and......... it reads
"Page Cannot be displayed"Baring teeth+Angry+Sad+Confused..
I try opening a different page and this time-- Yahoo. It's the same God-forsaken message.
Acting like I am in a hurry to check my e-mails, I tell my friend that I'm leaving. This kind chap, still in the shock+surprise, nods his head and I make a dash to my place.
Reaching home, I find my brother playing a game on Zapak!! Not able to believe my stroke of luck, I ask him to move. He doesn't. Using my superiority, I threaten him that I'll delete all the DragonballZ episodes if he doesn't move out.
He finally does with a rain of nasty mumbles.. Happy in my own world that I've the whole world in ma fingers, with the Internet back in action, I open G-Mail again.






"Page Cannot be displayed"--Confused+Baring teeth+Sad=Angry Again!!



Cursing my luck, I try powering the router off, only to realise that the router wasn't powered ON. My brother was playing the game from the internet history. I whack myself with a baseball bat(Which was something I won in an Online game). I roll down into internet-memories innumerable.. It almost looked like a Saas Bahu khichdi soap. I guess I was making some weird expressions cos, ma stared at me in an odd way. So did pa and my brother.
Suddenly, I felt like a loser, without the Internet. I felt crippled.
I told myself "Welcome to the 21st century!" cos I realised that all this roll-back was because I found the Router power unpluggedOpen-mouthed, powered the router ON and almost made a prayer -->"ALMOST Ok!!Tongue out"<--. Tried accessing G-mail and woaaah!! There it was, I felt like I was being catapulted into an instant Winning situation. Just to make sure BSNL isn't playing tricks, or worse, my eyes aren't playing tricks on me.. I opened Yahoo and it came right up. Tears of joy sent an appointment to my brain, and I kind of denied it. It would seem so so childish :D. 1:58pm and I have my Internet connection--MY INTERNET connection--MY DEAREST INTERNET connection up and running!!

The rest is all just like it happens daily...... Non stop Orkut Developing(Decreased it though!), downloading torrents, visit The Hunger Site and BHOOKH.COM (Please click on the links if possible, do some goodWink. FYI--You need to hold Ctrl and then click on the underlined link
Wink.)

This is all I have to share, now. Will update my next WEIRD Day(s), when I have em'Tongue out.
Adios ~~~>
R.o.H.i.T.....:-|



* = Rarely is equal to NEVER in when I associate it with me!! Tongue out+Don't tell anyone


~~PEACE~~

No comments: